Do you remember the day you first took delivery of your motorhome and your delight in finding everything inside so new, shiny, spick and span? Do you remember how the engine purred into life as you set off on your first outing, without a care in the world about the vehicle or the comfort it would provide?
After several outings and maybe a holiday or two, your motorhome might also have taken a few knocks that are in need of repair.
Keeping your motorhome in its nearly new condition and carrying out the occasional repair, therefore, means scheduling a regular service and maintenance regime.
Here at Derby Motorhomes we share the pride you take in keeping your motorhome – whether or not you actually bought in from us – in next to perfect running condition, appearance and comfort, so we are pleased to offer all the servicing, maintenance and repairs you may need.
Servicing your auto-sleeper
There is rather more involved in auto-sleeper servicing, of course, than the periodic services you may give the car you keep at home.
Typically, it is going to focus on two separate and distinct areas:
- failure to have a valid, up to date MOT certificate may mean a fine of up to £1,000;
- but an MOT is the most basic of checks – and certifies the vehicle’s roadworthiness on the day of the test only;
- yet roadworthiness and the mechanical safety of the vehicle are paramount at all times – and your failure to ensure that this is so, may not only invalidate your motorhome insurance but also land you in trouble with the police;
- so, leave your auto-sleeper servicing to us, confident in the knowledge that we will service, maintain or repair your vehicle in accordance with the engine manufacturer’s strict requirements;
- the Camping and Caravanning Club also insists that you have an annual “habitation” service of the interior of your auto-sleeper and its facilities;
- this not only provides a servicing of the living area of your motorhome, but also checks and maintains the gas, electrical, water and heating systems of your auto-sleeper;
- this might prove an extremely important aspect in the servicing and maintenance of your motorhome – not just from it being safe and health hazard-free for habitation, but also to spot and prevent the longer-term problems such as creeping damp, which may otherwise prove very expensive to remedy once it has taken hold;
- another potential health hazard which go overlooked is the cleanliness of your motorhome’s (drinking) water systems – which may be harbouring more harmful bacteria than you can have imagined, especially if yours is an older auto-sleeper or you have not used it for a while;
- while draining down your system and ensuring that you use it regularly – at least to run off some of the stored water – may help to some degree, this alone does not kill off the potentially harmful bacteria that might be present;
- to achieve that, you need to regularly flush the entire system with an antibacterial solution.
Whether it is just your annual MOT and mechanical service, or a full habitation service, too, at Derby Motorhomes, we are able to provide everything you may need – just let us know exactly what you require.