Our experience tells us that the demand is out there for good motorhome accessories. That is not only for immediate practical reasons but also because accessories may add value to your motorhome – value that often makes life in your motorhome that much easier. Motorhome accessories may improve the residual value when it comes to selling your motorhome. With a good set of motorhome accessories fitted, your specification is going to be really excellent.
Many of the motorhomes we supply come ready-fitted with a range of optional accessories. You can also take advantage of our motorhome retrofitting service.
There are also thousands of leisure-related products – which you can buy either online or offline. Let’s take a look at some of them.
Alarm and tracking systems
Intruder alarms, smoke detectors, and popular or specialist tracking systems and devices may all help to keep those motorhome insurance premiums down – as well as give you peace of mind. Remember to mention when your motorhome insurance policy is due to renew, that you have had your alarm and tracking system fitted by professionals.
Entertainment and media packs have become really popular. We fit leading in-vehicle entertainment packs from Avtex – such as the Vision Plus TV and video players.
Just like home entertainment, having a good TV on those rainy days is likely to prove a Godsend. Whether it is a question of keeping the children entertained or not missing your favourite soap programme, good entertainment packages deliver straight to your motorhome.
Motorhome accessories are big business – and we can see why. It is not just a question of having the right media packs. Better cab entertainment – with DVD players and digital radios – are readily available upgrade solutions.
There is nothing better than having a good media pack in place. Ask us for more details about USB sockets and Bluetooth equipment, some of which are standard equipment on motorhomes from Auto-Sleepers.
Keeping the sparkle
When it comes down to motorhome cleaning products, it goes beyond just a good wax polish. Specialist treatments and body protection prove to be equally popular and beneficial products.
Through the use of top-quality Paintseal services, we can arrange for your motorhome to be done professionally with the Paintseal body protection application.
In fact, nowadays, rather than waiting until their motorhome has taken on that tired and worn appearance, many people look to protect the vehicle by having a specialist treatment done while it is still brand new. A second-hand motorhome will also look a million dollars with a Paintseal treatment.
While keeping your motorhome clean on the outside may be a challenge, keeping it clean on the inside could be yet another matter.
While Paintseal treatments protect the outside, they may also protect the inside as well. So, when the red wine is on the sofa, just wipe it with a clean cloth – and the job is done.
This is now a highly popular treatment to have applied to your motorhome. We have Paintseal treatments available that can be carried out here in Derby or at your home address. Paintseal has an excellent reputation and they even treat aircraft and boats.
Safety products – like improved, colour reversing cameras, high-visibility jackets and warning triangles – are all available. And when it comes down to gas and electricity, of course, safety becomes still more of a priority.
There are some good warning accessories, to ensure your safety when using your motorhome. From smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to safety cut-off gas supplies, we can help.
Of course, tyres wear out – and they do not always do so evenly – so, checking the tread wear is important. Also, when was the last time you took a look at your spare tyre?
When your motorhome is in storage, especially, for a long time, tyres can develop flat spots. When did you last check those pressures?
Many new motorhomes have a simple device called a tyre pressure warning indicator. In addition, a good get-you-home spare kit, is well worth the investment.
The fun of owning a motorhome is that there is almost always one accessory or another that might make your next outing or expedition that much more comfortable. Here are just a few suggestions on some of the accessories our customers often ask us about:
Batteries and solar panels
- solar power takes some of the strain off your motorhome’s batteries and many fit unobtrusively on the roof of the vehicle;
- an extra leisure battery may often come in handy to give things a boost;
- we use Hankook batteries for both leisure and regular-use batteries – so, if you have charging issues, let us know and we will suggest ways to help and advise you what to do;
- awnings can make a huge difference to your sense of the amount of space you have available to live in – and, dare we say it, they might also give you a little bit of extra cover should a bit of drizzle threatened to mar that otherwise perfect day;
- they come in all shapes and sizes and range from quite simple and modestly priced affairs up to power-driven and luxury versions;
- make sure that your motorhome insurance covers awnings when in use.
- yes, we all like to tell ourselves that we won’t touch technology while we’re out and about – and we might sincerely believe that we were going to spend all day reading books, hiking, and engaging in healthy pursuits;
- of course, the reality is often a little bit different and Wi-Fi extenders can make the difference between your technology failing to cope or delivering you an acceptable service;
- the costs are typically modest for these great motorhome accessories;
Fold up furniture
- once you reach a certain age, sitting on the grass on a blanket all the time often loses its appeal;
- equally, those rickety old deckchairs that were once your grandparents’ property, might no longer be practical or stylish (even if they are now regarded as desirable collectables);
- there is now a really vast choice of fold-up, comfortable, and infinitely practical portable furniture, so, if you haven’t done so recently, check it out online and you’ll be amazed – it might add hugely to your comfort when sitting outside your motorhome;
First aid kit
- true, this is perhaps better under the “essential equipment” heading than “motorhome accessories” but it’s put in here for completeness;
- little accidents and injuries may be little more than a minor inconvenience when they are quickly and easily treated with a decent first aid kit;
- but if you have no disinfectant, plasters, and bandages, and the like you may be making an avoidable detour to the medical centre to get a basic patch-up;
- make sure that your first aid kit is within its use-by date.
Happy to help you
Over the past few years’, we have worked hard to make sure that we supply quality products and, more importantly, an after-sales service for those products, should the need arise. It all helps to give our customers’ peace of mind when investing in any accessory.
Don’t forget if you a member of the Auto-Sleeper Owners’ Club (ASOC), you will receive a 10% discount off prices of our accessories. Please note – valid membership card details are required before work starts.
So, just get in touch with our after sales staff on 01332 360222 – they will be more than happy to help you. We fit most motorhome accessories and can help recommend what and why we use the makes and brands that we do.
Request a service or repair
Simply tell us when you want the work done and we will get straight back to you to confirm a mutually convenient time and date.