Auto-Sleepers is probably the foremost UK manufacturer of motorhomes – including van conversions, campervans, and coachbuilt motorhomes.
While its reputation in recent years has been founded on conversions and coachbuilt models based on the Peugeot Boxer chassis, the manufacturer also offers ALKO – or AL-KO – coachbuilt models.
So, let’s begin with a little background about Peugeot and, specifically, the ALKO chassis.
Peugeot and ALKO
Peugeot is one of the biggest and oldest names in motor vehicle manufacturing.
The French manufacturer started life way back in 1810 and the days of Napoleon I, originally producing coffee mills and then, later, bicycles. Their first true internal combustion engine vehicle (as opposed to earlier steam models) dates to 1890. The manufacturer has a long – not to mention proud – history.
AL-KO has its origins in 1931 as a blacksmith in a small village in Germany. By the 1980s, it was producing vehicle chassis based on world-class technology as the company steadily acquired other manufacturing bases around the world.
In collaboration with leading European vehicle manufacturers – Peugeot, Fiat, Citroen, Volkswagen, and Mercedes – AL-KO chassis development went from strength to strength with design and technology recognised for its comfort and safety, granting improved driving dynamics and improved driving comfort.
This is the chassis on which Peugeot ALKO coachbuilt motorhomes are produced.
The Peugeot ALKO Auto-Sleepers range
You can view both models in the ALKO Auto-Sleepers range here at our indoor exhibition centre at Derby Motorhomes – where the word Corinium equals unrivalled finesse within a palatial layout and a generously full-bodied motorhome width of 2.35m to accommodate four full-sized berths:
The FB has a double berth towards the rear with a full ensuite washroom facility.
It has a fully-fitted kitchen and a spacious lounge – the latter accommodating a further double bed during its night-time layout.
In this layout, the spacious forward lounge again accommodates a double bed for night-time use, a spacious and fully-equipped kitchen, leading to a rear bedroom with two single beds and a full-width ensuite bathroom.
With both models, the initial impression inside is one of spaciousness. As usual, Auto-Sleepers have done a marvellous TARDIS-like job of making the inside appear so much larger than the outside.
The fixtures and fittings are finished to an impeccable standard. Fitted mainly in wood trim with grey upholstery, the overall effect is one of designer elegance.
As we have noted elsewhere, the Corinium – just like every Auto-Sleepers motorhome – has a comprehensively equipped kitchen. The galley space is ergonomically designed and elegant in style. It has a real home-from-home feel all around and 2021 models feature:
- dual fuel hob with 3 gas burners and an electric hot plate plus separate oven and grill;
- dual level microwave oven;
- large refrigerator with freezer compartment; and
- 12v extractor fan with down-lighters.
2021 models include a wide range of attractive features – the majority of which are standard across the whole Auto-Sleepers range, but some are optional:
- the 165bhp Peugeot Euro Engine, for instance, comes as standard;
- but there is also an optional 140/160bhp Fiat Ducato with an automatic gearbox (available on any model in this range);
- Top Drive Suspension – a Top Drive semi-air suspension unit on the rear axle is designed to enhance the motorhome’s performance on the road;
- there is Grade III Classification insulation standard for heating and thermal integrity;
- both Corinium models also come equipped with an eco-friendly, energy-saving 80W Solar Panel;
- each model has a 25-litre underfloor mounted LPG gas tank installed – offering hassle-free practicality;
- Auto-Sleeper motorhomes are protected 24/7 with the Sargent CAT 6 Tracker – for which annual subscription fees are payable;
- integrated touch-screen media console with DAB radio, satellite navigation and Bluetooth connectivity
- all onboard facilities can be monitored and controlled from a state of the art LCD touch screen panel combined with the Truma iNet mobile system – which also features an “Auto-Sleepers Locate” online portal which remotely manages and locates your vehicle; and
- an optional roof-mounted air-conditioning system will control the climate inside your Peugeot ALKO coachbuilt motorhome thanks to a Trauma Aventa Comfort unit.
Peugeot-ALKO coachbuilt Auto-Sleepers offer a real taste of comfort, spacious luxury and designer elegance combined with practicality and economy.
Of course, it’s so much easier seeing them than just reading descriptions or looking at photographs in brochures. So, why not contact us and arrange to get up close and personal for your own private viewing at our permanent exhibition halls.
We’d love to hear from you and we’re waiting to help!