Handovers – Things you may need to know

Things you may need to know

Are you paying us by card or bank transfer?

*Please note we require full payment (Cleared Funds) before you can take your motorhome away* Here are the ways that you can pay for your motorhome:

  • Electronic Fund Transfer e.g. Chap’s or Bac’s payments (Ask your bank for details) Some banks have a daily transfer limit
  • Debit Card (Chip and Pin) – Please be aware that this method of payment can have problems relating to security issues on the handover day, these are usually resolved but may cause
  • Cash – We can only accept up to £5,000 in cash

Our Bank Details Are:

Motor Plus Derby Limited – Svenska Handelsbanken AB Sort Code – 40-51-62 – Account Number – 16703001

*Please be aware that some bank cards have a daily spend limit on them so please confirm with your bank prior to paying by chip and pin*

What about taxing your motorhome?

New Motorhome

We require a copy or scan of your driving licence and a household bill, both with your current address on, to process a registration application with the DVLA. PLEASE NOTE that these must be original copies not copies of copies and we do not accept fax copies.

Please send all documentation as soon as possible to enable us to post your registration documents to the DVLA to ensure you are taxed ready for your handover date, the process with the DVLA takes ten working days.

Used Motorhomes

Your used motorhome will be taxed on the day of your handover and because of the new processes at the DVLA we will not require any insurance cover notes as everything is done electronically now. Please ensure that your insurance cover commences on or before your handover day.

Are you taking out finance?

If your vehicle has outstanding finance then we will need your existing finance details as soon as possible, so that we can proceed with your purchase.

If you are taking out a finance option you will require the following forms of identification on collection day:

  • Driving Licence with your name and current address on
  • 2 Household bill’s with your name and current address e.g. (Water/Gas or electric bill/Bank Statement/Credit Card Statement)

If you are arranging your own finance then we will need to receive full payment before collection of your motorhome from your finance company.

If we are arranging your finance, documents can be signed on the day of collection but MUST be accompanied with the above identification documents.

Are you going to use a cherished plate?

If you intend to transfer your private registration number onto your new vehicle then we recommend that you put your number on retention and once you have your retention document, please sign it (Section 1 Grantee box) and send it to us by registered post so that we can then tax your motorhome.

If you require us to transfer the number for you, then we have to warn you that this is a lengthy process at the DVLA and it holds up the collection of your motorhome

Are you part exchanging your vehicle or caravan?

If you have part exchanged your existing vehicle or caravan we will need the following items for it when you collect your new motorhome:

  • Registration Document
  • Current MOT Certificate (If applicable)
  • Vehicle Service/Instruction books
  • Manufacturers Habitation Pack

Please ensure that the toilet cassette is empty and clean before the vehicle is handed over.

Please Note: There is a £50.00 charge made for un-emptied cassettes.

*Your part exchange vehicle or caravan will be checked upon arrival*

*Please ensure that everything the vehicle was supplied with is present*

Who do you need to contact if you need further information?

Our After Sales Department

Please contact us on the following email: Hayley@derbymotorhomes.com

If you prefer to call us please contact Hayley or Stuart on: 01332 360222 please choose option  2

Process Diagrams

Three flow charts to show the process depending on what type of van you buy, new, used or factory order.

New Van Process

Used Van Process

Factory Order Process