The British public has confirmed its love affair with the staycation. 53% declared their intention of taking a holiday in the UK in 2022, said the website Pass the Keys on the 28th of January 2022.
For those who are looking for a mobile yet affordable, self-contained. and self-catering staycation, a motorhome represents the ideal choice – and that’s why sales of these leisure vehicles have grown by 15% since the lifting of pandemic restrictions, said a story in the Caravan Times on the 20th of December 2021.
There are any number of benefits attractions in motorhoming – and they are by no means restricted to staycations within the UK – but here are just some of those that appeal to our customers here at Derby Motorhomes:
The freedom to explore
- Britain is a nation of explorers and every one of us is likely to have some inner yearning for the freedom of the open road and the sense of adventure to follow it wherever it leads;
- motorhomes provide just that release – with a vehicle that may be nimble enough to manoeuvre even the most winding or narrow roads at home or abroad;
Home from home
- but for all that adventure and exploration, you don’t need to sacrifice the creature comforts of home;
- modern motorhomes are built to such a high standard that you have everything you need – the fridge, oven, flushing toilet, running water, and every manner of home comfort – right down to the proverbial kitchen sink;
Everything to hand
- in a motorhome, everything is to hand;
- there are no hotel bookings to be made and no restaurant tables to be reserved – still less the need to find a family-friendly eating place if you have the kids in tow;
The great outdoors
- whenever you are holidaying in a motorhome, the great outdoors is ever-present;
- all the fresh air you could need, all the natural wonders of the world, are right on your doorstep – providing a welcome and healthy getaway from the city-centred hotels you might otherwise be staying in;
- the UK has some amazing countryside – some of it is off the beaten track and well away from the hectic hustle and bustle of daily life;
- when you’re feeling confident to make those forays onto the European continent once again, your motorhome will open still more doors to an even greater outdoors;
Encounters with the unexpected
- motorhomes give you the chance to ditch any rigorously planned itinerary and, instead, grant you the freedom to explore whatever you encounter along the way;
- free of the constraints to meet hotel booking-in and checking-out times, feel free to expect the unexpected and awaken once again that sense of exploration, adventure, and wonder;
- neither is motorhoming a solitary affair;
- motorhomes make ideal family getaways in which you can enjoy some quality time;
- membership of a club also links you to an even wider social network of like-minded souls – the Caravan Club, which claims more than a million members, changed its name just a couple of years ago to the still more inclusive Caravan and Motorhome Club;
- how many holidays have meant the anxiety and pain of separation from your pets;
- with a motorhoming holiday, you’ll avoid any such pain or heartbreak since your pets can come along too;
- an increasing number of campsites are dog-friendly these days – and recognise that your four-legged companions are as likely to enjoy a holiday just as much as you do;
- your bank balance is likely to be one of the major constraints on your taking more holidays and weekend breaks – hotel rooms and dining out every day make many of those trips prohibitively expensive;
- once you’ve made that initial investment in buying a motorhome, on the other hand, your holidays and breaks in the future are likely to prove a fraction of the cost.
These are just a few of the benefits our customers have told us about. Set about purchasing – or upgrading – your motorhome now, and you’re almost certain to discover a lot more.